Finally bought your dream home? Then, it is time to celebrate this new house by throwing the best housewarming party!
Do not be nervous if you haven’t thrown a housewarming party before. In fact, all the more reason for this to be special because it means that it is not only your first housewarming party but your first house as well. That’s an achievement you most definitely need to celebrate.
So here are some tips to consider:
- Plan your theme – it will be a lot easier to start when you have a theme to work on. You should decide the theme if your party. Are you going for a formal dinner event, a cocktail party with lots of drinking and dancing, a chill Sunday BBQ theme or a laid-back luncheon? Having a theme mind will give you direction for the next steps that you should do.
- Schedule your party – next, it is important to set the date. Are you doing it on a weekday or weekend? Set a date in advance so you can tell your invited friends and family members.
- Decide on the number of guests to invite – you should also decide the number of guests to invite. This is a very essential detail so you know how much food and drinks to prepare for the party. If you’re a bit tight on the budget, you can invite only close friends and family members.
- Send out invitations – it is advisable to send out the invitations at least 2 or 3 weeks before the party. This way, they can free up their schedule to attend to your event. This is especially if you’re inviting people from far places to celebrate this new house with you. Make sure to input your specific instructions like the date, address, dress code, theme, what they need to bring (if it’s a potluck theme) and others.
- Plan the menu for foods and drinks – a party is not complete without foods and drinks. You should plan the menu for foods according to your theme. If it’s formal dinner, then it is best to hire professional catering service. If it’s a BBQ Sunday then be sure to prepare lots of meat, vegetables to grill. And most importantly, prepare overflowing drinks for your guests. Having mixed selections is ideal to serve the different taste of your guests. If you have extra budget, it would be great to have a bartender for your open bar.
- Prepare some housewarming party games or activities – come up with some ice breakers for your guests especially if you have invited different groups of friends. You can also prepare a short program telling a bit of the story of the house you just bought or maybe a house tour for your guests.
- Come up with party favors or giveaways – lastly, to show your gratitude to people who attended the event and celebrated with you, it would be nice to give them some party favors or souvenir. It’s a wonderful personal touch to make the event more memorable and special.
Following the tips that we discussed here, your housewarming party will surely be successful and memorable. The most important thing is to be able to celebrate such important phase in your life with the people you love and cherish.
On the other hand, if you are on the lookout for property for sale in Singapore, Australia or any places you dream of living, go for it and start checking out for prices to help you jumpstart your saving for this upcoming investment.
Interiors: Bria Hammel Interiors
Summer Best Deals!
Thank you for shopping through Home Bunch. I would be happy to assist you if you have any questions or are looking for something in particular. Feel free to contact me and always make sure to check dimensions before ordering. Happy shopping!
Wayfair: Black Friday in July! Up to 70% OFF – Huge Sales on Decor, Furniture & Rugs!!
Joss & Main: Flash Deals! Up to 75% Off!!!
Serena & Lily: The Upholstery Event: Enjoy 20% OFF!
Pottery Barn: New Arrivals!!! Up to 70% Off!
West Elm: Mega Sale – 70% Off sales!
Caitlin Wilson: Beautiful Rugs & Pillows.
Anthropologie: Extra 40% Off Sale Plus 20% Off Furniture + Decor.
Urban Outfitters: Hip & Affordable Home Decor – Big Summer Sales!!!
Horchow: Flash Sale: Up to 55% Off!!!
One Kings Lane: Save Up to 70% OFF! Free Standard Shipping on Orders over $99!
Williams & Sonoma: Spring Clearance: Up to 75% OFF!.
Nordstrom: Up to 40% OFF!
Neiman Marcus: Designer Sale: Up to 40% OFF.
Pier 1: Biggest Memorial Day Sale: Up to 50% Off!
JCPenny: Final Hours of Huge Sale.
Posts of the Week:
See more Inspiring Interior Design Ideas in my Archives.
Interior Design Ideas: Paint Color
If I am wrong, right me. If I am lost, guide me. If I start to give-up, keep me going.
Lead me in Light and Love”.
Have a wonderful day, my friends and we’ll talk again tomorrow.”
Luciane from HomeBunch.com
Interior Design Services within Your Budget
Come Follow me on
Come Follow me on
Get Home Bunch Posts Via Email
“For your shopping convenience, this post might contain links to retailers where you can purchase the products (or similar) featured. I make a small commission if you use these links to make your purchase so thank you for your support!”