Impact windows are common across coastal regions in the United States and in hurricane zones. However, such windows can be a useful addition to your home even if hurricanes are not an issue where you live. Impacts windows offer several advantages to homeowners no matter where you happen to be located.
Why Choose Impact Windows?
- Storm Protection: impact windows offer superior protection from powerful storms and the associated wind and rain. This protects you not only from hurricanes but also powerful storms. Remember it’s not only the coasts that get strong weather patterns and high wind. A strong storm can easily cause damage due to flying debris.
- Noise Reduction: another advantage of impact windows is noise reduction. This can be quite a useful feature depending on where you live and personal circumstances. For example, if you have young children or are light sleeper yourself reduced home noise is quite beneficial. Sound dampening is also useful if you live in a noisy neighborhood, near train tracks, or by a busy road.
- Reduces Energy Costs: many people lose hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year due to energy inefficiency. Drafts, leaks, and bad window insulation lets out heat in the winter and cooler air in the summer. Impact windows are energy efficient with many models being Energy Star certified. Simply by reducing drafts, you save money by not having to run your heating or cooling systems as much.
- Hard To Break: due to a multiple layer design impact windows are very hard to break or damage. This can help prevent break-ins and in many cases deter thieves entirely as your home is far more difficult to get into. This durability is also useful as an impact window can withstand common accidents such as misthrown balls.
- Improves Your Home’s Appearance: impact windows remove the need for shutters. This makes your home more visually appealing as many shutters clash with a home’s overall design and make the exterior appear cluttered. Impact windows come in many modern design options that fit with your home’s appearance and overall style.
- Saves Installation Time: shutters are sometimes hard to install and require regular upkeep and repair. Handling shutter installation on your own can be difficult and time-consuming as can the associated upkeep. If you choose to hire help to install (many elderly do this) there is a cost involved as well. Impact windows remove the need for shutters entirely making them a non-issue.
- A Great Long-Term Investment: if you plan on keeping your home for a long time impact windows are a solid investment. They last a long time and reduce energy costs over time. This reduction in home expenses will help pay for itself while also making your home’s exterior more visually pleasing.
When considering window upgrades impact windows should certainly be considered. These types of windows offer many advantages and aren’t just for people in coastal areas or hurricane zones. The energy efficiency, sturdiness, appearance, and other quality of life features are all useful no matter where you live.
Photography: Stoffer Photography Interiors
Bring the Holidays Home!
Online Holiday Shopping = More Options & Less Crowds! 🙂
Exciting Holiday Sales!
Thank you for shopping through Home Bunch. I would be happy to assist you if you have any questions or are looking for something in particular. Feel free to contact me and always make sure to check dimensions before ordering. Happy shopping!
Wayfair: 72 Hour Blowout!!! Huge Sales on Decor, Furniture & Rugs!!!
Serena & Lily: A winter beach celebration: Up to 30% off!
Joss & Main: Best Prices of 2018 – Up to 70% Off
Pottery Barn: 20% Off plus Free Shipping with Code: CHEER!!!
One Kings Lane: 40% Off Holiday Decor.
West Elm: 20% Off plus Free Shipping with Code: TREAT
Build: Up to 80% OFF on Kitchen, Bathroom, Hardware & Lighting!
Neiman Marcus: Up to 50% Off on regular prices!
Pier 1: Huge Christmas Decor Sales + Free Shipping – Use Code: FREESHIP49
Anthropologie: Extra 40% Off on Sale Items!
Posts of the Week:
See more Inspiring Interior Design Ideas in my Archives.
If I am wrong, right me. If I am lost, guide me. If I start to give-up, keep me going.
Lead me in Light and Love”.
Have a wonderful day, my friends and we’ll talk again tomorrow.”
Luciane from HomeBunch.com
Come Follow me on
Come Follow me on
Get Home Bunch Posts Via Email
“For your shopping convenience, this post might contain links to retailers where you can purchase the products (or similar) featured. I make a small commission if you use these links to make your purchase so thank you for your support!”